You submitted your application materials and secured an interview for a job or internship. Congrats! Now you need to nail the interview. How do you plan on prepping? Let me make a suggestion: start with InterviewStream! InterviewStream is the Career Center’s online mock interview resource you can use to video yourself and polish your interview skills.
Follow these steps to get started:
1) Create an account– Account set up takes approximately 14.9 seconds. All you need to provide is your name, email address, and a password (the password must be at least 6 characters and include a capital letter and a number). Create an account now!
2) Select an interview to conduct– You can select either a pre-made interview created by the AU Career Center or make your own interview by selecting from thousands of questions InterviewStream provides. If you want to make your own, don’t be intimidated by the number of questions. You can search for questions by keyword or browse them by subject.
3) Complete the interview– This step is straight forward enough- answer the questions! You need a computer with a webcam for the interview. If you do not have a webcam then please feel free to use an interview room at the Career Center. Call us at (202) 885-1804 to check availability.
4) Review your interview– After you complete the interview it’s time to critique yourself. Click on “Watch My Interview” on the InterviewStream homepage and select the interview you want to review. Use the comment box to take notes on what you did well and what needs to be improved. You can track how many times you used common fillers like “Umm” and “You Know” by using the counter below the video.
5) Share your interview– You can share your interview to get feedback from an advisor, mentor, or a friend. Click “Share” under the video and send the interview via email or generate a link to share.
Using InterviewStream is that simple! You can practice for an interview you have coming up or just to keep your skills sharp. InterviewStream even has a mobile app so you can practice interviewing on the go.
Click here to learn about the other online resources the Career Center has for you.